Dear Parents of Preschoolers:
I want to commend you for having the foresight to allow your child the opportunity of having a Christian up-bringing. There is no better place to have your child than in the kind of Christian learning atmosphere that your Preschool Division is committed to provide. I can assure you that each of our workers are going to love your child and give them the best care possible. Our Director, Mrs. Diana Pierce is one of the most dedicated and qualified directors I have worked with.
You can be sure that your child will receive care that goes far beyond just baby-sitting. They will be led in activities that will teach them Bible truths, as well as keep them occupied in ways that will make their stay a positive experience. Your child will learn to want to come to their class because they know they are loved and wanted here.
You can attend your own class and worship time with full confidence that your child will be well taken care of and having a good time. Your child will be growing in their own awareness of the Lord, just as you are.
Again, I congratulate you on bringing your child to church and coming yourself. You are making provisions for yourself and your child that will last a life time. The Lord will bless you for it.
WELCOME TO OUR PRESCHOOL
WE’RE GLAD YOU’VE COME TO WORSHIP WITH US
Taking care of your child is more than a ‘baby sitting’ service at Olivet. We try to make coming to church just as important for them as for you. Maybe at first they wont want to stay without you, but in a very short time they will understand that this is their place and you can go to your class or worship service knowing they will be happy and well cared for.
We want to assure you that your child comes into a clean, friendly, and caring atmosphere. We take great interest in the cleanliness and safety of these rooms. They are cleaned on a regular basis. Each crib, swing and changing table is wiped with a cleaning solution after every use. Each baby has a clean sheet and blanket and each worker has a clean smock. There are also clean, safe toys to be used each service.
We are happy to give bottles, change diapers, rock and sing songs, talk to and play with each child, but we cannot give food to bed babies and toddlers other than bottles or a cracker. It helps your child to have an enjoyable time when he comes with a full tummy. In the Toddlers through Threes we will give each child a cup of juice and a cracker or cookie during the Sunday 10:50 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. services. On Sunday evenings and Wednesday evenings, we will feed bed babies a meal that you have brought.
Our staff/child ratio will remain the same at all services: 1 to 3 in the infant rooms and 1 to 5 in the toddler rooms. This will be carefully adhered to for the safety and well-being of both child and staff. However, we try to have at least two teachers per room unless otherwise approved by the Preschool Coordinator.
We desire to make the hours spent at church happy and meaningful for you and your little one. Thanks for your cooperation in helping your child adjust to new surroundings.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please give me a call I’m anxious to be of service to you and your family.
Behold Children are a gift of the Lord: the fruit of the womb is a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a war warrior, so are the children of one’s youth. How blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them.
The Younger Preschool is available to serve you and your child from birth until promotion to the older preschool departments. Exceptions are made when the Preschool Coordinator deems necessary.
SUNDAY MORNINGS 9:15 A.M TO 12:15 PM
SUNDAY EVENINGS 4:45 P.M. TO 7:15 P.M.
WEDNESDAY EVENINGS 4:30 P.M TO 8:30 PM. (Until 8:30 P.M. for children of choir members only)
The Preschool is also open for special events as announced or arranged.
- Please bring your child ONLY WHEN WELL. We will not be able to accept any child who shows signs of illness, such as a high fever (or has experienced fever within the past 24 hours), cloudy runny nose or cough (except when due to non-contagious allergies or other symptoms which are persistent but not contagious), rash of unknown origin, cold or diarrhea. The TEACHERS CANNOT GIVE MEDICATION to any child. If your child should become ill while in our care, we will contact you in your Sunday School class or Church Service to take him/her home. This will be best for your baby and for the health of the others in preschool.
- Please put these items (as appropriate for your child) in your diaper bag: diapers, plastic bag, plastic bottle of water, juice, or milk (with your child’s name on it), and a change of clothes. Please label all of your child’s belongings, including the diaper bag. Labeling the bag and contents helps to ensure their proper return.
- Please sign your child in, hand him/her to the teacher at the door with a smile and a good-bye hug or kiss, and leave for your class or service. It is normal for children to cry when leaving a parent, but this usually doesnt last long when the attendant shows the child love and diverts his attention to something new. Be assured of our care for each one until he or she is happy.
- Please do not enter the rooms where children are cared for unless requested by an attendant. Children generally are much calmer when there is minimum number of parents coming and going.
- Please call for your child immediately at the close of each church service or activity. Sometimes even the most well adjusted child will become fearful or anxious if he is left after the other boys and girls have gone. If you are unable to bring or call for your child, please have some other responsible person assume this duty. Please notify your child’s teacher as to who will have this responsibility. For safety reasons, we cannot allow big brothers or sisters to pick up a younger preschooler: nor will we turn your child over to any adult (grandparent, aunt, uncle etc) without your expressed and/or written permission.
- We welcome nursing mothers to our mother’s lounge located adjacent to the bed babies room. Any preschool teacher will be glad to direct you to this private room.
- Provisions for preschoolers are made possible in order to assist parents/guardians who are attending a church activity as well as provide appropriate religious education whenever preschoolers attend church. In the event that parent of guardian is not present on the church premises, some other adult MUST be made aware of these arrangements in advance of the parent being away.
- Our preschool is a voluntary co-op. So that we can work out a schedule for your service, please leave your name and telephone number with a teacher or call the church office (235-4696) for information. We will work with you to select a Sunday and an age group to teach in Extended Session.
- In the event of fire, one parent per child being cared for, is to report to the Preschool Playground gate on the South side of the building. Your child will be given to you at the gate. Please DO NOT come to the Preschool Area to pick up your child as that could endanger your life and/or the life of your child and his or her teacher.
IDEAS FOR MAKING OUR PRESCHOOL A GREAT PLACE TO BE
- VOLUNTEER to serve on a weekly or monthly basis
- CONTRIBUTE well-cleaned, used toys that are in good condition. Please bring toys to the coordinator for approval before placing in a preschool room.
- VOLUNTEER to sew for the preschool (i.e., sheets and smocks).
- BE an encourager to preschool personnel by expressing appreciation for their service.
- SHARE constructive suggestions for improving preschool services with the coordinator or your childs teacher.
- BE ready to help when our worker-to-child ration becomes unbalanced and, for the safety of the children, there is a need to add teachers.